History Blog

This is my history blog for Mr. Boyle's G period class. There you have it. I have been keeping this blog since whenever school kinda started back up again. I don't really know when but it was after marching band started up again. Anyway, I looked back on all of the posts that I have been doing for about half a minute today and realized that all of these are terribly boring. So I think I'll add some fun stuff in.

--Maddie
November 9, 2012

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Post About Classwork (Every Two Cycle Days) and Stuff

December 3, 2012 and December 4, 2012:

On the 3rd, we looked a lovely political cartoon and tried to find everything that that it was conveying. After about a half an hour of us finding new things in the picture that displayed "character" we gave up because we had to move on. Then we took notes on South Carolina secceeding. After that, we went back to the political cartoon because we realized that we wouldn't give up that easy.

On the 4th, we did our edcafe. We would split and re-split into different groups to learn about how each person we had researched had affected the civil war era. The people I ended up learning about were David Clay, John Brown, Frederick Douglass, and Dred Scott. I also talked about my person, James K. Polk. In the end, we ended up taking a vote to see who was the most important. (I think that John Brown won.)

Thirty-Day Challenge
For days twenty-six through twenty-nine, I have worked a lot on tap charlstons, time steps, and the audition dance for anything goes. I hope I'm as prepared as I can be because my audition for anything goes is tomorrow. I won't be posting again about my thirty-day challenge because it will be complete tomorrow. For my final, thirtieth day of my challenge, all the tap I'll be doing will be rehearsing for my audition beforehand and performing at my audition. Thanks for following my progress. This is Maddie signing off of her thirty-day challenge for the last time.

Something to Think About:
We were talking about Texas in class these past few days so I thought I'd leave this link if anyone wanted to hear this story I heard on the radio the other. It's very interesting so here it is:

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/30/149094135/lone-star-state-of-mind-could-texas-go-it-alone

No comments:

Post a Comment