History Blog

This is my history blog for Mr. Boyle's G period class. There you have it. I have been keeping this blog since whenever school kinda started back up again. I don't really know when but it was after marching band started up again. Anyway, I looked back on all of the posts that I have been doing for about half a minute today and realized that all of these are terribly boring. So I think I'll add some fun stuff in.

--Maddie
November 9, 2012

Monday, March 11, 2013

Post About Classwork (Every Two Cycle Days)

March 11, 2013 and March 12, 2013

On the 11th, we read a clip about a racism in the not-so-distant past. (The clip was from 2007 to be exact.) It was, to be quite frank, scary to see that things we've grown up to 'know' are in the past actually aren't. To hear this account of hanging nooses on trees and attempts at murder and whatnot was terrible. I know racism is still present in the world today but guess with everything that I've grown up with, I would have thought that it at least wouldn't be this extreme. Then we talked about segregation and how even in our own school we segregate ourselves. Of course we don't segregate by race but by groups of friends (like the bandos and the jocks). This class was just a huge dose of reality.

On the 12th, I'll be taking part in the District Music Festival which is an in class field trip that starts as soon as I get to school in the morning and lasts until about 9:00 at night. So I'm blogging now and will be back after the next couple of days.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment