History Blog

This is my history blog for Mr. Boyle's G period class. There you have it. I have been keeping this blog since whenever school kinda started back up again. I don't really know when but it was after marching band started up again. Anyway, I looked back on all of the posts that I have been doing for about half a minute today and realized that all of these are terribly boring. So I think I'll add some fun stuff in.

--Maddie
November 9, 2012

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Post About Classwork For the Past Lot of Days

So, I haven't posted in forever and I'm really sorry about that. You know way back when when I did that thirty day challenge thing? Well right now it's basically been tech month for Anything Goes. I kept meaning to do collective posts but by the time I get around to doing my post, it's technically the next day so I tell myself it won't really count anyway and put it off a little more. I'm a terrible person, I know. Well, I apologize, but I'm not even going to attempt to talk about anything before break (except for the fact that we did our whiteboard video project things) but I will make an attempt to struggle though all of the other days. Again, I'm sorry.

February 25, 2013: Day 2
Before we did any work, I think this was the day we had a huge assembly and Mr. Boyle talked about it with us during class. It was interesting to hear what he had to say about our generation and it was big wake-up call. Then, we started our new unit which is on the Civil Rights Movement. (Everything really is linking together beautifully.) We started it off by reading worksheets having to do with some key figures. These figures happened to be W. E. B. DuBois and Booker T. Washington.

February 26, 2013: Day 3
We continued with our worksheets form the day before and discussed them. Then we learned about Garvey and the UNIA but didn't quite finish with him.

February 27, 2013: Day 4
We continued a little more with Garvey and then moved on to something completely different. We read poems by Langston Hughes who talked about the south metaphorically. Then we looked at how lots of African-Americans went to cities and took part in the Harlem Renaissance by looking at painting. We finished the period by listening to some Duke Ellington which I enjoyed thoroughly. (I love jazz!)

February 28, 2013: Day 5
We (each group) got a person to read about form the Scottsboro trials. My group had Victoria Price, one of the woman who claimed they were raped, and we tried to decode what actually happened. We then wrote diaries from her point of view at different points on the trial's timeline.

March 1, 2013: Day 6
It was a half day so we didn't have class.

March 4, 2013: Day 7
Drop. (We didn't have class.)

March 5, 2013: Day 1
We split up into groups of three (in a confusing fashion) and did worksheets about Brown v. Education Board. Then we split up again so we could learn about other people's worksheet and all get three worksheets worth of information by the end of the period.

March 6, 2013: Day 2
We watched a movie on Emmett Till and filled out a worksheet while watching. It was highly disturbing and so, so sad. (I teared up.) I wish I could say that I couldn't believe they got away with murder but I can and it was and is terrible.

Tomorrow I'll talk about today with the addition of what we do tomorrow in class and then, I do believe, I will be up-to-date.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment