History Blog

This is my history blog for Mr. Boyle's G period class. There you have it. I have been keeping this blog since whenever school kinda started back up again. I don't really know when but it was after marching band started up again. Anyway, I looked back on all of the posts that I have been doing for about half a minute today and realized that all of these are terribly boring. So I think I'll add some fun stuff in.

--Maddie
November 9, 2012

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Three Artifacts By Maddie


Three Artifacts To Do With Me:

My Second Degree Black Belt (and other Karate Equipment)
            My Second Degree black belt and Karate equipment would tell you a lot about me. For one thing, it shows you that I was very accomplished in Martial Arts. But it also goes into detail. You could be able to see what I what I had mastered and how much I enjoyed Martial Arts to go this far into it. To be exact, you would find my gi (uniform), my katana (I refer to it as my lightsaber), my fan, my bo (staff), my hook swords, and of course by Second Degree black belt. My gi would inform you that I was on the Demonstration team at Mark Warner’s Professional Martial Arts Academy in Ipswich and everything else would show you what I really worked at. You could probably infer form that that I was quite lethal.

My Trombone Case (With Trombone In It)
            If you found my trombone case, not only would you find out I was a trombone player, but you would be able to figure out fairly easily how involved in the performing arts I was. My trombone case is not only used for keeping my trombone safe but also keep my trombone music safe, my singers music safe, and scripts safe. By looking at these you could figure out that I was also a singer and involved in theater. In fact, if you knew how to read music and could decipher my interesting handwriting, you could even see that I was a First trombone player in all of my High School bands and, that I was a second soprano in my High School choirs, and that I was a reasonable actor who usually plays ridiculous dramatic roles (involving either being a complete, utter jerk or being super, sweet and innocent). If you looked at my trombone case, you could figure out that music is really my life (in fact I have sticky notes in there that read, “Music is life.”)

My Bookshelf (With Books On It)
            If you found my bookshelf, you would figure out that I was into a lot of different things (and you would also figure out that I was a complete lunatic). On my bookshelf, I have scrapbooks, hundreds of fantasy and science fiction books, a dictionary (with sticky notes marking my favorite words), and thousands of papers with tons of ideas quickly scrawled onto them (many of them with pictures). You would also find mythology books, my entire anime and manga collection, a few yearbooks, piles of sheet music, Playbills of shows that I’ve seen, and programs to shows that I’ve been in. Amongst all of this you would find two lunchboxes. One would have the Cheshire Cat, from Alice in Wonderland, on it and the other Jack Skelington, from a Nightmare before Christmas. With all of this, you could see that I often times had my head up in the clouds and loved to write and draw. This would again show my love for music but would also specify some of my favorite things. If you ended up looking close at the scrapbooks, you could see that I had adventure-filled summers with a lot of hiking involved. If you were to look at my bookshelf you would find out a lot of random stuff about me but also some of my main interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment