History Blog

This is my history blog for Mr. Boyle's G period class. There you have it. I have been keeping this blog since whenever school kinda started back up again. I don't really know when but it was after marching band started up again. Anyway, I looked back on all of the posts that I have been doing for about half a minute today and realized that all of these are terribly boring. So I think I'll add some fun stuff in.

--Maddie
November 9, 2012

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Post About Classwork (Every Two Cycle Days) and Other Stuff

November 14, 2012 and November 15, 2012

On the 14th, we went over the answers for the map questions that did the Friday before. It was interesting because most of us got a lot of the population questions wrong. We had forgotten how people were viewed back then and how slaves were only counted as three fifths of a person. Living in the present we had just counted them as actual people and gotten answers incorrect because of it. It was weird seeing how differently people viewed things. We also read different excerpts form different textbooks on the Mexican war and filled out a handout about them.

On the 15th, we watched a video on the Mexican war and took a short true/false quiz afterwards. (Apparently I managed to take notes on all of the things that we didn't need to know about the war. Sigh.) Then we looked at a bunch of different compromises that had to be made after the war. We took votes on what we would do and then looked at what really happened. It was interesting to see how the results differed.

Thirty-Day Challenge
Days five through ten were amazing. It was harder to find time each day to tap dance whilst trying to juggle other work, but when I got the time, it was a ton of fun. On day five, all I really did was review and work on "building them muscles!"Day six was also a review day but I also worked on hop shuffles a lot. Day seven was filled with more hop shuffling and some carrybacks. Day eight, I basically worked on broadways the whole time--I just did them over and over again. On day nine, I did the military step and a carryback review. And lastly, on day ten, I worked a lot on carrybacks and broadways. All in all, I think I've accomplished a lot in the past days.

No comments:

Post a Comment