History Blog

This is my history blog for Mr. Boyle's G period class. There you have it. I have been keeping this blog since whenever school kinda started back up again. I don't really know when but it was after marching band started up again. Anyway, I looked back on all of the posts that I have been doing for about half a minute today and realized that all of these are terribly boring. So I think I'll add some fun stuff in.

--Maddie
November 9, 2012

Friday, November 9, 2012

Post About Classwork (Every Two Cycle Days) And Other Stuff

November 8, 2012 and November 9, 2012

On the 8th, we took notes on the history of escaping slavery. We talked about the underground railroad a lot and read ten different textbooks summaries about it. Reading these helped us get an idea of how effective it was. We also learned a little about Harriet Tubman through this. It was interesting to see all of the different "tactics" used by slaves to obtain freedom or stop slaves from getting freedom (used by their masters and others).

On the 9th, we were in the lab in the library. We used an interactive map to learn about the Missouri Compromise and the Nullification Crisis. We filled out two worksheets and looked up a few of the questions on the internet to get a better description of what happened instead of just hypothesizing.

The Cause
The group a shall be working with for this project will be made of Anastasia Perreault, Jessica Macey, and I. Our cause will be making it a law that you know how to swim in order to graduate from high school.

Thirty-Day Challenge
Days three and four went by much quicker than days one and two because I'm quickly getting into it and looking forward to my hour of tap every day. (I think that I'm going to make this a regular thing.) On day three I really just worked on my hop shuffles. I got my right leg up to a good speed by my left leg is being a pain and can't go as fast a the right in the correct rhythm. On day four, I reviewed everything and tried to push the tempo a little faster (not as easy as it looks). I also worked a lot on step-shuffle-hop-ball changes and step-shuffle hops (military steps). Step-shuffle hops are actually the harder of the two because they require you to jump back and forth between both of you legs very quickly in order to keep on doing them. Military steps have been added to my "long term steps" and I'll try to work on them, and get a little faster with them each time I practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment